How To Make Kava Tea
Here are our recommended steps to make an excellent batch of kava.
All you need is a mesh strainer, and a couple bowls.
- For one part kava, use three to four parts water.
- Pour water that is warm to the touch (not hot) into a large bowl.
- Put the dry kava in a strainer bag and immerse the bag in water.
- Knead and squeeze the kava for about 10-15 minutes while applying a lot of pressure.
- Squeeze the kava as dry as possible before discarding the separated pulp.
- Enjoy your kava beverage!
** A typical serving is 6-8 oz. and is traditionally consumed as quickly as possible.